What is Social Media Optimization (SMO)
Social Media Optimization is a process to make an online presence of your company or brand via social media networks. There are many social media networks available such as: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, etc.
If you are a new marketer in the Digital marketing world, then it’s important you are available everywhere on social media so that people can go through your brand. Social Media will increase your brand awareness and will help to target your relevant audience.
What is SEO
Before optimizing SMO you need to understand, What is SEO (Search Engine Optimisation)?
SEO is a process to optimize your content to increase your visibility in SERP (Search Engine Result Pages). The maximum visibility of your site will help you to grab more visitors.
SEO and SMO are not the same but from SEO you will learn about optimization of Social Media Optimization.
There are some steps you need to follow for SMO.
1. Optimize Your Profile
In SEO we need to optimize website but in Social Media Optimization we need to fulfill profile which helps users to find you. While managing profile focus on four major points.
- Profile Picture: Through the profile picture, you will get a unique identity in the market that’s why use pictures as per your niche. Even you can use your website logo as a profile picture.
- Use Cover Photo: You should use the cover photo also to make your profile attractive. This will instantly show what your business is all about.
- Bio: Make your bio short, sweet, to the point, and tell users directly what your profile is about. You can use relevant keywords to make your profile visible.
- Username: Use your brand name to make your profile findable so that customers can find you through your username also. Check first is your final username available on other social media networks? Here is a tool Knowem, it will help you to find is your username available on every social platform or not.
2. Optimization of Content
Yes, Content is a very crucial part of doing social media optimization. Create click-worthy or attractive content for social media.
Focus on some major points while making any post for social promotion:
- Create a click-worthy title
- Use the attractive and optimized image
- Make sure you use the different titles on every social media network
- Use relevant keywords while creating a caption
- Make your post caption according to the limits of characters and words.
While doing social media optimization keep in mind that your post should be sharable and engageable. These two points will help you to drive traffic and grab the user’s attention.
3. Use #Hashtags
I personally used, Hashtags are more effective to reach new people. On social media, there are many platforms that are included with hashtags such as: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and many more. By using trending hashtags on social media your post can explore more in your industry.
Make sure you use relevant Hashtags.
4. Post Consistently
Consistency makes you more power to make your audience stay connected with you. Users who are already your followers want some attractive and engageable content on the daily basis.
Social Media absolutely free platforms to drive traffic on your website. You just need to be consistent with your profiles.
5. Analysis Your Social Media Accounts
The analysis makes you alert about where you performing well and where don’t. It will help you to make changes in your social media optimization. In digital marketing, SMO plays a big role to promote anything such as: products, services, etc.
You can easily create reports to analyze. These are just like how we improve our marks after taking school and college exams, where we have not done well.
I hope this guide will help you for doing Social Media Optimization. Follow these tips you must get qualitative results.